spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

[Question #48736]: Video Implementation

New question #48736 on SpreadUbuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/spreadubuntu/+question/48736

It's not impossible for us to implement 'marketing' videos, but I have serious doubts that the current server will be able to withstand any sort of traffic as it is. It also adds another layer of complexity. Could be done in the future, but I don't think so right now.

So, with implementing it ourselves not being 100% ruled out, what should we do for the time being?

We could create a youtube (or open source friendly video hosting site) account and manage a playlist or something.
We could outsource to an existing Ubuntu video site, but most of these are tutorials, not marketing videos.
We could just let people post preview images and link to an external site in the node body (or even a cck field).
Torrents? (almost definitely not a good idea)

I'm also open to suggestions of other ways.

SpreadUbuntu, which is an answer contact for SpreadUbuntu.