spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: [Question #48736]: Video Implementation

Question #48736 on SpreadUbuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/spreadubuntu/+question/48736

John 'nox' Hand proposed the following answer:
My personal opinion is that the best way to handle this on the cheap is
(sorry for saying) to get either the producer of the video to host the file,
or have he/she/it* upload it to a free long term storage site.
Unfortunately there are few other options that do not completely kill the
quality of this potentially good video. Imagine someone making a nice,
albeit short, commercial for Ubuntu Linux, almost ready to run on TV, and
that someone is told by the SpreadUbuntu team to upload the video in "Super
High Quality" YouTube (two things that do not go together are YouTube and
quality). A sad end for a good video. Someone doing a video production in
college or elsewhere might (I know I would) want to use this to run as a
fake commercial to slot into their video made for study, or internet
release. Be sad if they couldn't due to quality loss.

Am I being too concerned about loss of quality, or are there others that
agree?

/John 'nox' Hand

*welcome to the 21rst century, my name is HAL 9000, I will be your server
for the day!