spreadubuntu team mailing list archive

Re: Pushing spreadubuntu forward

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Adi Roiban <adi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all and Happy New Year!
>
> >From my point of view I think that spreadubuntu is in very good shape
> and I want to thanks all people involved in creating the website.
> You have done a great job!

:)

> I think that for now we should see how we can promote the website

We need to simply decide on we go with the site as it is or make
changes (see below) in order to get the diy.spreadubuntu.com address
or just go for the www.spreadubuntu.com domain.

We need to update our wiki badly, since it is not reflecting that our
work is towards the DIY section.

and
> enable translations of the website and content.

This is done by a module from within drupal already. I think it is
l10n or something (make a user, log in and you will see the blue bar
in the bottom ;)

> SpreadUbuntu is running on Drupal 6 or 5 ?
> I think it would be great if we could integrate it with Launchpad
> authentication and teams.

We run Drupal 5 right now, but have tested an old version of our theme
in drupal 6. For some reason the Launchpad OpenID module is not
working in our site (seems to collide with other Drupal modules we
use).

The next stage, I believe, is to move the whole thing to drupal 6. I
was not a fan of that idea, but as of lately the whole Ubuntu website
environment is looking at that option, so it's logical we should
follow and keep a fresh code base.

> I am new to this project. What you do think we should do to make
> spreadubuntu rock?

The best thing we can do is really polish the site as it and just get
it off the ground.

> Kindest regards,
> --
> Adi Roiban