Re: [StartUbuntu] Version 2

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 1:24 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As per a previous communication [1] and as per the votes, these new areas
> are up and running:
>

>    - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu
>    - https://launchpad.net/~startubuntu
>
> *Please note:* As per your votes, NO new Social Media Area has been
> created. Current/Existing Pages/Groups/Communities (Official) will be used.
>
> Lubuntu Communications Team [2] will not directly be the driver of
> StartUbuntu Project any more. However, members of StartUbuntu Projects who
> have signed up and joined AND those who are interested are more than
> welcome.
>
> I am glad to be the main driver for this project (since I have started it)
> but, I do need at least TWO members to coordinate and help me. No more
> small shy steps. Time for some extra miles now.
>

> @Rafael
>
> Your magical hands and Artwork Skills are highly needed. We do need:
>
>    1. New banner to replace the current one. That banner should have
>    Ubuntu + all its official variants.
>    2. New Logo for the project.
>    3. At least, one wallpaper for this project. If you don't have time,
>    you can use the same design for the banner but of course, the wallpaper
>    will be larger in size and the banner is smaller.
>

> @Everyone
>
> It would be super great if from each official variant (team), someone will
> step up and offer his help and contribution to this project. Again, this is
> a wide community project right now. No more Start Lubuntu. It has been
> decided since months now that this project to be named StartUbuntu.
>
> I will represent UbuntuGNOME and Lubuntu.
>
> I need brave members to present one team and those will be the coordinator
> between StartUbuntu, the world and their respective team.
>
> Thank you!
>
> [1] - https://lists.launchpad.net/lubuntu-comms/msg00540.html
>
> [2] - https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-comms
> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
> Best Regards,
> amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
> Areas of Involvement <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/AreasOfInvolvement>
> My Projects <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad/Projects>

Hi again,

My batteries are not even 50% charged but I couldn't resist. I promised
myself to work on this today and I have fulfil that promise and I do feel
better now :) however, I will log off and have some rest and enjoy my Real
Life.

Ladies and Gentleman, StartUbuntu Project NOW has a complete Wiki System
with 5 different tabs :)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu

Have a look :)

@Rafael
I know you are working on the Artwork and now, you can upload that here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StartUbuntu/Artwork

@Everyone
I think Setup wise, I am done from all what could come into my mind right
now. Wiki Area? done. Launchpad? done. Artwork? Rafael is working on that.
Social Networks? I am waiting to be admin for Lubuntu Facebook Page and
Group. What else? I am waiting for you to start moving and have fun.

Note: this is version 2 of the project does not mean only it is version 2
on papers/Wiki, NO. It means, it is Stage 2 of Activities as well. TIME to
take StartUbuntu to the next level.

If truth to be told, I feel so bad. I feel that I let you down. I am so
disappointed that Munich for whatever reason has decided to go for Ubuntu
12.04 instead of Lubuntu. But I will not give up. I shall carry on. I do
need your help. We can make it. I am sure of that.

Thank you!
Best Regards,