Re: Project: Convert My Neighbours From Windows to Linux

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 11:02 PM, Marcello Tescari <
marcello.tescari@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So far I've been installing kubuntu to a couple of friends and
> followed them up in solving some troubles they had because of the
> shift.

Great news, please keep it up and carry on :D

> In the last 1,5 years i think i converted about 20-25 people to
> Kubuntu, Lubuntu or Mint and 90% of them are quite satisfied of their
> new system apart from troubles with application they need windows for.

Very impressive, keep them coming ;)

> Other good news, also in the office where I work some old machines not
> needing to access active directory are installed with kubuntu or
> lubuntu.

Indeed, this is great news :D

> And of course any time some friends have computer troubles I offer
> them a switch.

That is ALL what we actually need to do :)

> No idea in which other way I can make people moving to
> linux so far.

Keep talking, talking and talking about Linux :)
This is how my neighbors started to be interested :)

> Should I do some report on Starubuntu about people who moved to Ubuntu?

Of course, the whole idea of having a mailing list for StartUbuntu is for
people to communicate and share everything about their activities :) that
would be super great and the more ideas/events/activities people are
sharing, the more you inspire and motivate others :)

Keep up the great work :)

Best Regards,