Introduction - Edgardo Rios

Hello Everyone, I hope you are doing well:

I am sending this email to you as my introduction to the team, my name is Edgardo Rios, I am 37 years old and live in Mexico (Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico).

Some years ago, back in 2001, it was the first time I tried to use a Linux based distro (Red Hat Linux 7.0), since then, I have had ups and downs on this path, falling at times to achieve the goal to use Linux all the time. Sadly, the most significant barrier is that all the companies I have had worked for, does not used Linux or Open source software. Anyway, I am not going to give up.

Right now, I am using Lubuntu, I have also tried Xubuntu, but because the computer does not have enough resources, I am getting a better user experience using Lubuntu. Although I have tried other distros, I feel in home using Ubuntu and/or its derivatives. Right now, I am looking for a new hardware to run Ubuntu, Ubuntu GNOME and Lubuntu in a multi-boot setup.

Although I am a self-sufficient user (only if Google keeps helping me), I would like to keep learning and supporting Ubuntu in order to be able to help others in the near future. At first, I would like to help people and schools in my community who does not have enough resources for new hardware. I am sure they can take advantage of Ubuntu and Open source in general.

Talking about this project, I can see that you created an amazing artwork (Wallpapers, Banners, etc.), do you know if those are also available in Spanish? I know there are tools to change that myself, but since I am not good using design tools, I prefer to ask for your help.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Regards.
Edgardo

--