Planning German StartUbuntu-Blog

Hey,

My name is Dirk Vos (but i prefer my nick "Vossi" :-) ). I am a German
student of "Technical Journalism and Public Reĺations". For this
subject, I have to do a project with - of course - a technical
background.

I am using Ubuntu since Karmic Koala (9.10). At first only to try it,
but I fell in love at the first moment (till today an I have tried
many Linux Distros!). So I planned to start a blog a long time. But
now with the end of Windows XP and the beginning of the next
ubuntu-LTS-cycle it seems to be the right moment.
I found the project "StartUbuntu" and I think, this might be the right
place to be a part of it and the right time to start the blog.

The subject of the blog is simple: It should teach a windows user to
move on a ubuntu-operated system. First as easy as possible but with a
learning curve, so that the user can learn more and more about the
system. The goal is to help the people creating their perfect ubuntu.

First I will introduce to Ubuntu and its devirates, make a
installation guide, a view over Unity and moving an existing Windows
XP/7 into a Virtualbox or so.
The blog is only focussed of Ubuntu LTS releases, because I think, a
person, who already use Windows XP at the moment, ist not that guy,
which will upgrade his system every 6 months. :-) And so I have enough
time, to teach the people.

That is short summary, about the ideas, I have.

What are you thinking? Have you any ideas, which will help me?
I now will send a blueprint to my professor, and then I will start
with designing and writing.
I will use Wordpress, either in wordpress.com or I install an own
wordpress-blog at "lima-city.de". Maybe you have a got idea for a
wordpress theme, which have an "ubuntu-feeling" in design or usage.

And please, forgive me my bad english. ;-)

Best regards,

Dirk

Follow ups