Cyber cafe

Dear all,

It has been a while since I wrote on this maillist.

I hope you are all doing fine, in particular our dear Ali!

Here in Addis, Beside installing Ubuntu on the (private) computer of some
of my employees who were interested, the main step is with a friend working
as IT and supporting a school. He convinced them to give Ubuntu a try and
we have been installing Lubuntu on some desktop (with issue with the
graphic, but eventually solved with "nomodeset vga=791" as grub parameter.

If they decide to go for it, I will also work on a server, probably
virtualized on one more powerful desktop, in order to create a local domain
and have the student getting their config on any desktop.

Beside this, this same guy is also trying to convince an internet cafe to
make the same move. No problem in installing the distribution, but it is
more difficult to find a cyber cafe software for Linux. There are some
found on internet, but they look all of them unmaintained and not easy to
install. Before starting testing them, I wanted to share this with you in
case someone has a good suggestion.

Indeed, the use of Ubuntu for cyber cafe seems obvious and still, is not in
practice...

BR
Pierre

Follow ups