subunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: timing data, the time stamp facility and test activity granularity

On Thu, 2009-08-27 at 09:55 +1000, Jonathan Lange wrote:

> Hey Rob,
>
> It's been quite some time since you sent this email out, and you seem
> to have done a lot of timing-related work to bzr. Did you come to any
> conclusions about this design?
>
> jml

I think its going to fit somewhere in the gap between
tests take care of testing
results take care of reporting

- in a model of tests being a black box what things do what is internal.
- we need some opaque-structured way to expose things that tests do
(structured additional data)

Having that structured data be taggable in the same way that the
outermost stream is would allow a convention for reporting that may work
well, and allow TestResources and other similar things to collaborate.

-Rob