subunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: relicencing subunitt [or some parts anyway]

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 17:03 +0000, exarkun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On 10:54 am, robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >Hi, you've been CC'd to this because you have code of some sort within
> >subunit.
> >
> >[snip]
> >
> >Concretely, I think the following would be appropriate:
> >- put all the python code under the PSL [MIT]
>
> I'd encourage you to just skip to MIT/BSD for the Python code.  The PSL
> is full of language about the PSF which doesn't really apply to
> arbitrary Python projects.  Once you've filtered out all of that
> inapplicable stuff, then it really is a lot like MIT/BSD.  If you've
> already considered this, then feel free to ignore this message. :)  I
> just wanted to point it out in case you weren't aware.
>
> Jean-Paul

I've never actually looked at the PSL; having done so, and seeing that
they ask for a contributor agreement [under apachev2] anyhow, its a
little less appealing to go straight to PSL.

So, I'm relicensing as dual BSD, Apache V2, because:
- BSD is least restrictive
- python, which is a big chunk of this project, requires artistic or
apache v2

I believe this is compatible everyones responses.

-Rob