subunit-dev team mailing list archive

Daily builds

Hello,

The daily builds for subunit started failing recently[1]. The logs
show that it's due to a conflict with setup.py. The commit log for the
packaging branch[2] says that this has happened before in r101 ("Merge
trunk to resolve conflict on setup.py - bad auto-merge?")

However, the commit after that says "No setup.py for debian, debhelper
gets confuddled." My hypothesis is that whenever we change setup.py in
trunk, we'll get a conflict when merging a branch that removes
setup.py. This in turn means that the daily build will fail whenever
we change setup.py.

This situation isn't great, but I don't know what to do about it. Any thoughts?

jml

[1] https://code.launchpad.net/~testing-cabal/+archive/archive/+recipebuild/109932
[2] https://code.launchpad.net/~testing-cabal/debian/sid/subunit/daily-builds

Follow ups