subunit-dev team mailing list archive

Re: Daily builds

On 10/31/2011 03:47 PM, Jonathan Lange wrote:
Hello,

The daily builds for subunit started failing recently[1]. The logs
show that it's due to a conflict with setup.py. The commit log for the
packaging branch[2] says that this has happened before in r101 ("Merge
trunk to resolve conflict on setup.py - bad auto-merge?")

However, the commit after that says "No setup.py for debian, debhelper
gets confuddled." My hypothesis is that whenever we change setup.py in
trunk, we'll get a conflict when merging a branch that removes
setup.py. This in turn means that the daily build will fail whenever
we change setup.py.

This situation isn't great, but I don't know what to do about it. Any thoughts?

Another problem (independent of this one, but also blocking the daily builds) is that the subunit testsuite currently fails when used with the current testtools.

I can look into the merge issue.

Cheers,

Jelmer