syfi team mailing list archive

Re: syfi and swiginac 1.0

Martin Sandve Alnæs skrev den 11/12-2007 følgende:
> 2007/12/11, Ola Skavhaug <skavhaug@xxxxxxxxx>:
> > Martin Sandve Alnæs skrev den 11/12-2007 følgende:

> > > I don't think there's any intelligence in the configure script at all :)
> > >
> > > It's probably only a matter of updating the swig files in SyFi, Kent
> > > knows what's different. I think the most important is a namespace
> > > thingy, all ginac classes must be prefixed with GiNaC:: in the .i
> > > files in SyFi.
> >
> > Thanks, I have a working version of SyFi for GiNaC 1.4.1 here now. So, I can
> > continue with what I was doing _before_ I ran into this problem :)
> >
> > Ola
>
> So, what do I have to do to update to ginac 1.4.1 and swiginac? Is the
> swiginac repository assuming version 1.4 now? I don't want to update
> quite yet, but it would be nice to do not too far in the future.

The latest release of swiginac is ginac-1.4, and the development branch of
swiginac as well. There are a lot of new stuff going on in the ex.i interface
file, as ginac has completely changed the type system. I believe I got it to
work, though, copying the ex.i file from swiginac and then modifying it. I'll
set up my private syfi repository at simula, so you can pull from it.

Ola