Re: Maven build

Maven is quite a treat. A lot of people are using it these days and has
great advantages. I am not a maven expert by any means, but I can tell you
that the nicest thing about it is that you describe a project and it's
dependanices in an xml file so that when you build it all the dependancies
are pulled from your nexus repo, which is just a smart-ish binary repo.
Also, when your project builds successfully your artifacts can be stored in
your repo as snapshots so that others can use them.

The main idea of maven is that when a developer pulls the source there's no
guesswork as to how to build and deploy the project, it's all done with
maven. In doing so, the project has to adhere to certain standards, namely
how the files and folders are laid out which is defined in a maven archetype
and can even be changed if you want.

This is why I asked if there was some sort of 'public' repo we could use,
since we're an open source project, because to take full advantage of maven
one needs a nexus repo, and I don't have one handy :)