Re: [Question #162246]: Share folder with other people

Hi there,

You have to define what you mean with "folder sharing". If you mean
being able to share a repository with someone, that is already
possible. If you mean only a sub-directory, that probably won't be
possible due to heterogeneity of the storage types.

Take IMAP, for instance: if you have access to an IMAP account, there
is no way of restricting the access to only a few files. With FTP or
S3, however, this _would_ be possible. However, due to their entirely
different concepts, I don't think that folder sharing will ever be
implemented -- at least not without a server component.

If we had a trusted server, we could simply let the server do "access
control". This will probably come at some point. But not in the near
future.

@Jason: two users never write the same file. No locking, no race
conditions. :-D

Cheers,