Re: [Question #162246]: Share folder with other people

Well there are of course two ways:
(a) server-based access control
(b) cryptographic access control

Case (a) is the one I was talking about. It's the easiest variant and
the only way to make sure that your data does not get deleted by some
unauthorized user. But at the risk of having to share the password
with the server. Of course there are ways to only let the client know
the secret and make the server just the middle man, but they are not
easy to implement ...

Case (b) is what you are referring to. All users with the storage
credentials (e.g. username/password to the IMAP account) have access
to all files, but can only decrypt a subset of them. This is also not
a simple concept since one has to think about granting/revoking
previleges to files. It's certainly possible, but not the focus at the
moment. Feel free to experiement :-D

If you're interested, I have some interested papers regarding this topic.

Cheers,
Philipp