Re: [Question #185460]: Development stalled?

Question #185460 on Syncany changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/syncany/+question/185460

Markus Gritsch posted a new comment:
Hi Adrian,

I`m the developer of Project Millipede. Our main interest in Syncany is
to reuse its storage and access protocol independent sync - chunking
mechanisms. The limited timeframe does not allow us to implementing
those functions from scratch. The main differences of our project to
Syncany - Millipedes tries to build a P2P based service execution
middleware. Other very important components of Millipede includes

- advanced and new approach of privacy policies and trust propagation - visualized and graph based ACL control
- provider independent social network integration

- bandwidth injection framework in p2p networks - BitTorrent - passive
Client

- device independent user interface

a lot more - millipede.me - currently supporting google chrome, firefox
and safari - a new version describing much more functionality and
supporting all browsers will be available soon - application release
2013

your question about the involvement of Millipedes developer in Syncany -

we have have a forked version of syncany - without any new features just
a customized building process - maven; we are waiting for a new version
of syncany - development already completed - info from the project
supervisor Florian Barth -

Best regards,

Cheers Markus

Syncany Team, which is an answer contact for Syncany.