Re: [Question #212148]: non-encrypted storage also supported?

Question #212148 on Syncany changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/syncany/+question/212148

Eric Levy confirmed that the question is solved:
Thanks for the clear answer.

That's disappointing to me because it isn't what I wanted.

I will say three things, for what they're worth:

1) There are probably more people interested in bidirectional file
transfer than in what Syncany is currently aiming to do.

2) Syncany so far seems to have a clean and elegant user interface that
is largely independent of what the structure is of the remote storage,
be it encrypted chunks or regular copies of files.  If someone is able
to contribute a library-level component for the latter, and if the core
architecture is properly modularized, Syncany could also solve this
problem, leveraging the strong UI to make it an effective solution for
either case.  I wish I had knowledge about file synchronization in order
to make such a contribution myself, but I don't.

3) The Syncany web page is currently the first result in the Google
search "network file sync open source".  It's great that the project was
able to make the first hit in a Google search, but actually that's not
an accurate description of the project.  Equally misleading, in my
judgment, is the web page itself, which distinctly says it is a file
synchronization tool.    Syncany is rather a version concurrency system
with a strong UI and support for encryption, and so that's how it should
present itself.

With respect to points (1) and (2), Philipp and the team obviously can
and should develop whatever project interests them most, but if there is
an interest in extending the project as I have described, it would
definitely be a valuable contribution to the open-source software
community.

Syncany Team, which is an answer contact for Syncany.