My personal feedback

Dear all,

     I just received an email from a potential user of Syncany, to which I
replied with my personal opinion.

    I wish to emphasize the *personal* part of it. This is nothing more
than my story. I am writing to the list, as a reference for someone else
later, as I intend to unsubscribe in the very near future.

   At the moment I've replaced the eventual use I might have for this
project with another one, Owncloud, you can find more information about it
here: http://owncloud.org/

     It does all I wanted it to do (and more), and it has an active
community and frequent updates. In fact, there is already a set of
extensions that you can find here: http://apps.owncloud.com/

     I currently have the best of the Dropbox, GMail and alike worlds, with
contact synchronization, calendar and files.

    You can also do it in Android with the following apps:

     Contacts:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.carddav.Sync
     Calendar:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.caldav.lib&hl=en
     Files:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.owncloud.android

     You will notice there is a small initial investment in these android
apps, however, two of them are destined (according to the developer), to be
opensourced (parts of them have already been opensourced), and the money is
simply destined to foment the development.

     After several months of use, I am very happy with Owncloud and have no
intentions of going back.

    I want to make clear I have absolutely no affiliation with any of the
apps I've mentioned, except as an user.

     Hope this is helpful for someone.

With my best regards,
     João Almeida