Re: Master to Gradle

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 12:52 AM, Philipp Heckel
<philipp.heckel@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Hello again,
>
> I've taken the current code and manually transformed it into a Gradle
> project: https://github.com/binwiederhier/syncany/tree/gradle -- This is
> on the basis of Vincent's current Gradle code base at
> https://github.com/vwiencek/syncany-gradle-gui -- again without the GUI
> stuff for now until we have the architecture set up and agreed upon a
> screen flow.
>
> Please note that I will continue working on this gradle branch I'll be
> merging it in the master at the weekend. If you're having trouble
> compiling/installing, please let me know. I've also adjusted the README.md
> to explain the IDE setup.
>
> Checkout:
> $ git clone https://github.com/binwiederhier/syncany
> $ git checkout gradle

works

> Eclipse:
> $ ./gradlew eclipse    (gen. Eclipse files)

works

> Install CLI
> $ ./gradlew installApp
> $ sudo ./gradlew fakeinstall

works, please note that under windows, you need to start console in admin
mode.

> Best
> Philipp

Suggestion : as we are rethinking project structure, I think it could be
"usefull" to have a syncany-tools sub project containing all util/helper
classes. Regarding gui/daemon, this project could for example contain
JsonHelper class which could handle String <==> Map<String, ?> conversion.

Thx