Re: EclipseCon France talk

Great !

Here is the abstract I am planning to submit this weekend, feel free
to comment / complete it :

Title: Syncany, the NSA-proof open source file box : concepts,
architecture and work in progress

File syncing services are great (especially Dropbox and their multi
platform syncing clients) but they all come with a major flaw :
these services (and who knows who else) can read your data.

Syncany is an open source Java application aiming to synchronize files
between various devices using any dumb and/or untrusted storage
facility (S3, WebDAV, FTP), using encryption and authentication to
secure your data.
It supports various advanced features like deduplication and
compression to save space and keep track of the various versions of
your files in an efficient way.

You can think it as an encrypted, binary-oriented simplified git : no
active central facility is needed, and all the complexity resides in
the client logic.

This talk is for people interested by the concepts and the
architecture of this software :
- cryptographic concepts, repository files structure and format
- syncing concepts and data model (chunked structure, metadata and versioning)
- work in progress, roadmap, more ideas ?
- growing community, join and participate !

Mathieu