team-scandraid team mailing list archive

Re: Raw outline ScanDraiD library

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 00:28 +0200, arno wilhelm wrote:
> > libffmpeg should be libavcodec so it seems.
>
> yes, think that libffmpeg is the library ...

I think you mean libavcodec :)

Anyway, I've just been looking at gegl (http://www.gegl.org/) which seem
to have almost everything we need. It supports reading all sorts of
image formats as well as movie files (also based on libavcodec). Gegl is
the base library used for GIMP, so it should be thoroughly tested for
sure!
Downside is perhaps that it's written in C, but I always say "if it
suits your needs then just use it". What could be against using a
flexible/stable image lib even if it's in C. :)

Darius