team-xbmc team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
[Bug 317761] Re: debuild doesn't take "*.a" file anymore in the sources
** Description changed:
- Binary package hint: devscripts
+ The version of dpkg-source in Ubuntu 8.10 erroneously sets the -i and -I
+ options by default for version 1.0 source packages (i.e. the version of
+ the source format that we actually use). This causes various files to be
+ omitted unexpectedly from tarballs and diffs, which causes problems in
+ particular for people building private source packages that need to
+ contain binary objects.
+ This bug was fixed by Debian in dpkg 1.14.21, so is fixed in Jaunty and
+ was not present in earlier releases:
- I noticed on intrepid that debuild doesn't take the .a files in the sources anymore. Thus I am not able to build my package which has some binaries inside the sources.
- The problem is not happening when using hardy. I was obliged to roll my whole OS back to hardy cause of this issue. I found no way to specify to debuild to take the binary inside the source.
- The source format I am using is Format 1.0
- hardy version : 2.10.39ubuntu2~hardy1
- Intrepid version: 2.10.39ubuntu2~intrepid1
- The problem may also be in dpkg-source ...
- dpkg-dev hardy version : 220.127.116.11ubuntu4
- dpkg-dev intrepid version : 1.14.20ubuntu6
** Attachment added: "proposed patch backported from git"
dpkg-source sets -i -I by default
You received this bug notification because you are a member of XBMC for
Linux, which is a direct subscriber.