testrepository-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Subunit-dev] testrepository 0.0.3 released

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Robert Collins
<robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The below is the announcement I put on Launchpad.
>
> With this release I'm going to upload testrepository to Debian - it is
> now genuinely useful and not a 'clever toy'. I'm now hooked. First one
> free and all that.
>
> Another couple of releases and I'll be announcing to testing-in-python I
> think. It might be time to ask for early adopter/experimentation too. As
> testrepository only needs subunit output, it should be easy for most
> anyone likely to be reading this message to give it a spin: I know that
> it can run against zope.testrunner (with the Launchpad subunit support
> patch), Trial (with the subunit reporter which is in trunk, and perhaps
> in a release now?),

It will be in 10.0.0, which I hope to release within the next ten hours.

> and of course bzr and other 'extended-but-vanilla'
> test suites, using 'python -m subunit.run'.

I'm fairly sure it's orthogonal, but have you tried using this w/
unittest2. All the kids seem to be talking about it these days.

Have you announced to TIP?

FWIW, I'd like to push subunit output into py.test and nosetests at
some point, but it's probably not going to happen any time soon if
it's just up to me. I reckon doing that would be important for making
testr more popular.

I look forward to using it more.

jml