testrepository-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Subunit-dev] testrepository 0.0.3 released

On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 13:53 +0000, Jonathan Lange wrote:

> > and of course bzr and other 'extended-but-vanilla'
> > test suites, using 'python -m subunit.run'.
> >

> I'm fairly sure it's orthogonal, but have you tried using this w/
> unittest2. All the kids seem to be talking about it these days.

I haven't yet. I have a personal TODO of:
 - make testtools totally equivalent to unittest2
 - check that subunit.run works with unittest2 base classes
 - make stdlib unittest, unittest2 and testtools easier still to use
with subunit than subunit.run

> Have you announced to TIP?

No, I'm not sure its quite there yet. for instance, I know that 'testr
run' on windows will fail (it runs 'foo | testr load').

> FWIW, I'd like to push subunit output into py.test and nosetests at
> some point, but it's probably not going to happen any time soon if
> it's just up to me. I reckon doing that would be important for making
> testr more popular.

Ronny did a stab towards a nose subunit plugin; that should be fairly
straightforward to fix. I should mail Holger and ask if he's interested
in bundling a subunit adapter.

> I look forward to using it more.

Cool. Please file bugs on anything no matter how small or large.

-Rob