testrepository-dev team mailing list archive

ask for help about how to run testr

hi, folks:
I am woking on the blue-print: remove nose from tempest and use testtools/testr instead. After I read the manual.txt , I already don't know how to use testr. I think testr is not a test runner like nose. Becasue in the help
 information, we need run 'foo' to execute tests.

"""
[DEFAULT]
test_command=foo $IDOPTION
test_id_option=--bar $IDFILE
---
will cause 'testr run' to run 'foo' to execute tests, and
'testr run --failing' will cause 'foo --bar failing.list ' to be run to
execute tests. Shell variables are expanded in these commands on platforms
that have a shell.
"""

I think the 'foo' maybe like this "nosetests test_xxxxx" or "./run_tests.sh". If testr is not a test runner, why can we use testr instead of nose. And I think testr just record the result of the test in order
 to next time we can only run the tests we need. Am I right?
And I also don't konw how to repeat a failure that occured on a remote machine (e.g. during a jenkins test run). If anyone can give me some help on these questions and give me an example of '.testr.conf', I would appreciate it
 very much.

Thanks && Best regards
Ivan

Follow ups