testtools-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Merge] lp:~rvb/testtools/testtools-contains-all into lp:testtools

> Thanks for the patch, Raphaël.
>
> I don't quite understand the matcher though.  From the docstring and the name,
> I would have guess something like this::
>
>   self.assertThat([1, 2, 3], ContainsAll([3, 1]))
>
> That is, self.assertThat(Y, ContainsAll(X)) would pass if and only if X is a
> subset of Y.

Indeed, that's precisely what this matcher does.  Again, it's simply a shortcut, it uses existing functionality.

> As it is, self.assertThat(Y, ContainsAll(X)) passes iff for all y in Y, for
> all x in X, x in y.  (i.e. ∀ y ∊ Y, ∀ x ∊ X, 'x in y')

Maybe I'm missing something but that's not what this matcher does.  I can't resist using these nice utf8 characters:
self.assertThat(y, ContainsAll(X)) passes iff for all x in X, x in y.  (i.e. ∀ x ∊ X, 'x in y')
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~rvb/testtools/testtools-contains-all/+merge/104065
Your team testtools developers is subscribed to branch lp:testtools.