testtools-dev team mailing list archive

Move to github experiment retrospective

So we moved testtools and a couple of ancilliary things to github,
getting our feet wet as it were.

I think we've found:
 - having multiple issue trackers is annoying
 - the github review/merge thing isn't all that good- it's not
terrible, but its neither LP nor gerrit/reviewboard
 - git itself is fine
 - we've had very slightly more driveby contributions than over a
similar timeframe on LP; but not enough to draw conclusions from.
 - the CI story is better than we had but still dissatisfying.

I'm trying answer the questions 'should we move our other projects'
and 'should I move my related projects' to github.

One thing I'd kind of like to do is spin up an openstack-infra setup
for testing-cabal:
 - gerrit as master
 - github as slave
 - zuul + jenkins doing testruns pre-and-for-landings

What do you guys think? Does that sound interesting? I have setup a
free rackspace account for the testing cabal...

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins@xxxxxx>
Distinguished Technologist