tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: tomdroid's storage-redesign && what do we want to keep in the database as a note?

> > 1- store the whole note instead of just note-content in the database
> > This way we won't lose addins metatags, full note encryption support will
> be
> > possible, etc. Also, parsing the few lines of metadata on each load won't
> be
> > that big of a penalty since its the note's content that is always the
> > biggest.
>
> I'd be in favor of this solution, provided we do not find any blocker.
> Xml is a complex beast and I'd sleep better at night knowing someone
> knowledgeable about the format handles the decoding for us.

I was thinking about it this morning. I have a new question: what do you get
when you ask for a note using Tomboy's REST API? Do you ask for metadata and
note-content separately or is it all together?

--
Olivier Bilodeau <olivier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>