tomdroid-dev team mailing list archive

Re: [Snowy] a note's last-change-date

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Sandy Armstrong
<sanfordarmstrong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, folks, should we say that for the REST API, the standard date
> format will be the combined UTC form of ISO 8601?  For example:
>
> 2010-01-28T18:30Z
>
> If we're all agreed, I think we can come up with some guidelines, such as:
> * Servers that wish to continue supporting Tomboy 1.0 will need to
> support its somewhat non-standard format as an acceptable input (I
> could make another 1.0.x release but most distros wouldn't push it to
> their users so late)
> * All servers should switch to the combined UTC ISO 8601 format for
> output, since all clients can easily deal with that format
>
> If this sounds good, I'll update Tomboy and Snowy (before 1.2.0) to
> send dates in the new format, and we can update the REST API page.

Just to clarify, I don't intend to change the format that Tomboy uses
in its .note files, because earlier versions of Tomboy were very
strict and would not accept notes with date information in any other
format.  A lot of people are still sharing notes with older versions
of Tomboy so I'd like to wait a while before breaking backwards
compatibility.

So if your software is processing .note files for any reasons, you'll
still need to be able to parse our weird format.  Sorry!

Sandy