Re: symbols in x-terminal-emulator

Den 2015-03-07 19:35, Israel skrev:
> On 03/07/2015 11:56 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>> Hi Israel,
>>
>> I discovered this in the installed system:
>>
>> Symbols used by lsblk render is a bad way in x-terminal-emulator. Also
>> the Swedish letters åäö ÅÄÖ are rendered in a bad way. Maybe it has
>> something to do with UTF-8?
>>
>> xterm is OK. See the attached picture.
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
> Hi Nio,
> I just looked into this... apparently mrxvt does not have support for
> this.. so we will effectively be removing this from the install...
>
> Now... is there a viable alternative tabbed terminal?  I suppose I will
> post this question/problem to the meeting today

Hi,

Tested in a clean live environment.

I'm used to Lxterminal and it has tabs.
Lxterminal would add 2380 kB

Sakura would add 1844 kB  * small, seems good, right-click for tabs.

tilda would add 2480 kB

ROXTerm would add 2677 kB

-o-

I'm not happy with XEdit. Are leafpad and mousepad too big, or pull in
too many packages? They are OK.

Mousepad would add 1909 kB
Leafpad would add 723 kB   * Would be a good alternative

Geany is a really good text editor.

Geany would add 7677 kB according to apt-get, so quite a bit bigger (too
big to be a default editor).

-o-

And please re-install nano in the live system!