Updates

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to update you on the progress.

*JWM:*
I recently update JWM (again).
The main fix here is that the scroll wheel on a mouse will not open  the
calendar.  On the older version you could quickly open a BUNCH of
Clocks.  I talked to Joe about it and he put in a fix.  You can now also
assign multiple actions based on the mouse button.
There are a few other minor things in this update, but the Clock issue
was a big enough reason for me to pull in the new changes.

*Seamonkey:*
I have been doing some research and trying to find all the right
information (very hard).
I am unsure how to apply themes globally and ensure that all the
extensions and protocol handlers work.  I have started using GNOMErunner
which is a great plugin.  Basically it makes Seamonkey use the gtk
theme.  This (in my opinion) improves the experience a lot.  Seamonkey
looks much better with it.  So, I think I may simply copy the
~/.mozilla/seamonkey folder I have and save it in our package in the
/etc/skel folder.  This way when a new user (like when they install
torios) is created the mozilla folder will be installed as well.  This
way can ALSO include bookmarks.
So...
What sites should we bookmark for our users?
torios.net
openclipart.org
askubuntu.com
archives.org

Those are my initial thoughts.

*Startpage:*
It might be a good idea to incorporate our manual also into the
startpage, and redesign it.
We could also include links for a good starter set of packages we will
have our apt handler working, and I have coded it to use the formats I
know, for example:
apt:audacious
apt:geany,build-essentials
apt://libreoffice,evince,gimp,inkscape
apt://vlc
should all work

I think we could make a really nice beginner page this way.  Make
buttons for groups of software.

<Fake HTML>
  <a class="aptbutton" href="apt://libreoffice,evince,gedit">  Full
Office Suite </a>
  <a class="aptbutton" href="apt://abiword,gnumeric,mousepad">Light
Office Suite</a>
  <a class="aptbutton"
href="apt://rawtherapy,gimp,shotwell,gimp-ufraw,gimp-dcraw,darkroom">
Full Photo Tools </a>
  <a class="aptbutton" href="apt://xmahjongg,ace-of-penguins"> Light
Games</a>
</Fake HTML>

etc..

Any thoughts?