Re: [Torios] new zenity applications zmktbl and ztweaks

Hi Israel,
(inlines)

Den 2015-04-18 15:36, Israel skrev:
> Hi Nio
> (inlines)
> On 04/17/2015 07:03 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>
>> There is already another new version uploaded: It contains a bug-fix
>> for the bug Jack found plus other bug-fixes are pure improvements,
>> particular auto mode for zTweaks. (zMktbl in not changed, but both
>> installers are debugged - bad bugs found).

> I downloaded ztweaks and brought in the changes.  I don't use the
> installers.  I simply use your programs and add them into the package,
> and make the package install them.

Yes, that is the correct way to do it (when you have a package where it
fits).

>> Yes, there can be good purposes for mounting partitions (I think we
>> should talk about partitions). Actually all mountable partitions can
>> be mounted except the one we want to extract to a tarball. On the
>> other hand I don't think it is a good idea to mount more than one
>> partition to /mnt, so that should be checked for too. And in general,
>> I think it is a good idea to have as few partitions as possible
>> mounted while extracting to a tarball. This way the process is
>> disturbed as little as possible. Another way would be to allow for
>> selecting a mounted drive, and when selected, try to unmount it. If
>> unmounting fails, let the user make it unmountable (close the
>> application, that locks it). If that is not possible, the user should
>> boot from another drive.

> Yes, I agree.  we could mount in a way that is fairly common (using
> /media/device_name)
> we could make directories like /media/sdb1 to keep it simple

So what do you suggest? Who should do the change? An where? Do you want
everything to be mounted automatically in ToriOS? I think there is a
reason why labels are used install of device IDs, for example

/media/MyData

instead of

/media/sdb1

>> Yes this is a possibility. But shutting off the touchpad in autostart
>> can be a bad idea, unless it is conditional (only when there is a
>> mouse or other pointing device). The simplest method with synclient is
>> not conditional. But there is a long list, that can be used by the end
>> user. Maybe we can supply a few more options that what is included
>> now, at least sysclient touchpadoff=0 # on sysclient touchpadoff=1 #
>> off sysclient touchpadoff=2 # only tapping and scrolling is off See
>> man synaptics for a lot of details (at least there is a lot in Trusty,
>> which I am testing now).

> My mouse/touchpad program makes heavy use of synaptics... it is actually
> a frontend to the terminal commands.  It runs the terminal commands in
> the background and creates a small startup script.... oh I just found
> the bug in it :)  I am not adding the shebang :P
>
> These are the most important ones to me:
>
> synclient TapButton1=0 TapButton2=3 TapButton3=2 ClickFinger1=1
> ClickFinger2=3 ClickFinger3=0
>
> This is fairly nice, the touchpad tap is off, but using 2 fingers is
> left click, and three fingers is middle click.
>
> Actually if you use the Mouse/Touchpad program in jwm-settings manager
> it creates a file called
> ~/.config/jsm-mouse that will have all the options listed with whatever
> you chose
> There is also a ~/.jsm-mouse that contains the output of synclient as well.
>
> So you could simply check these files to get your tweaks

OK. I'll remember it and maybe add it later on. Now let us use zTweaks
as is, it certainly helps me, because I rest the palms on the touchpad,
when typing, so it is impossible to have it active, when I am in writing
mode.

Guess what I did it with my OBI in Lubuntu Trusty? I simply added

ztweaks

into the autostart file, and now it is there when I log in, so I just
click 'a' (or arrow up) and Enter or double-click on the 'auto line'.
zTweaks can replace 'Touchpad-Indicator', that I have been using, but
which has been poorly maintained and tricky to get running in some
recent Ubuntu based versions. See the attached file.

>>> I think we can come up with some things.  arandr is very easy to use and
>>> works very well.
>>> There may be some settings we can do with screen brightness (or gamma,
>>> etc..)
>> Other possible options:
>>
>> - Colour prompt in the terminal
>> - Lock screen and screensaving
>> - Talking clock (saying hours and half-hours)
>>
>> But at least for me, keyboard setting (language) and touchpadoff when
>> typing are the most important tweaks.

> Oh yeah we can use a TTS (like festival or espeak, etc..) to do lots of
> stuff.
> That is a great idea!

We can keep these things on the wish-list :-)