Re: [Torios] new zenity applications zmktbl and ztweaks

Hi Nio,
(inlines and at the end)
On 04/18/2015 10:57 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:

> Yes, that is the correct way to do it (when you have a package where it
> fits).
Yeah, though you could do some crazy packaging stuff, if you really tried
> So what do you suggest? Who should do the change? An where? Do you
> want everything to be mounted automatically in ToriOS? I think there
> is a reason why labels are used install of device IDs, for example
> /media/MyData instead of /media/sdb1
We can do it by ids, that makes it easier for the user.  I was thinking
in programming terms... but user terms is a much better way to think of
that :)

I do not know whether or not we should automount everything, or how to
NOT automount everything if we already do...

> OK. I'll remember it and maybe add it later on. Now let us use zTweaks
> as is, it certainly helps me, because I rest the palms on the
> touchpad, when typing, so it is impossible to have it active, when I
> am in writing mode. Guess what I did it with my OBI in Lubuntu Trusty?
> I simply added ztweaks into the autostart file, and now it is there
> when I log in, so I just click 'a' (or arrow up) and Enter or
> double-click on the 'auto line'. zTweaks can replace
> 'Touchpad-Indicator', that I have been using, but which has been
> poorly maintained and tricky to get running in some recent Ubuntu
> based versions. See the attached file.
Yeah, my tweak does roughly the same thing... it might be nice to add
that.  There are certain touchpads that have broken buttons, or only one
button... so it is nice to have more configurations.
> We can keep these things on the wish-list :-)

I updated obi today.  I updated user-config quite a bit...
I made it much more general.  I check to see if a program is installed
in the tarball before trying to run it.
If it isn't they can contact the tarball maintainer (there is a message
for this)
I also removed the jwmrc part, and just added it to skel (the ~/.jwmrc~
file)

I also check for lightdm being installed, and then ask the user if they
want to autologin.
If they do, I run this:

     AUTOLOGIN="[SeatDefaults]
greeter-session=lightdm-gtk-greeter
autologin-user=$NEWUSER
user-session=torios"

      chroot /mnt  bash -c "echo -e \"${AUTOLOGIN}\" | tee
/etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf"
      echoout "Autologin for $NEWUSER."

for those unfamiliar with user-config echoout is a function that echo
the content to the install log as well as the screen.

As a side note, it might be nice to copy the successful install log to
the new user's $HOME, or simply ask if they want to view it after
installing.

I will be testing this and then I will upload a new ISO for testing it
all goes well.
The new ISO has update-manager on it... but I still need to update the
baseOS a bit more before I can say this is our RC.  A few minor things
here and there...

-Israel
ToriOS Team