Lubuntu Software Center, LSC

Hi Israel,

Would it be interesting to have LSC as an option in the installed system
(tarball) of ToriOS (without the database (~80 MB))? It might be
bug-fixed in such a way, that it will suit for this purpose - that the
database will be created the first time the program is run.

See the following correspondence:

___________________________________

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lubuntu-software-center/+bug/1446830

Jörn Schönyan (joern-schoenyan) wrote on 2015-04-23: 	#35

Hi Nio,

1. it is way faster, really a big difference. USC was made a bit faster,
but it's still not comparable to LSC.
2. I guess most Lubuntu users are using it, but alternate iso installs
are quite rare. And as the DB is regenerated from time to time, nobody
noticed that issue.
3. It's working fine mostly and doesn't take much space, so I think we
should keep it. Remember, LSC was the thing how I came to Lubuntu ;-)

@Walter: we could redesign it, yes. It could use Appstream data, like
the future Lubuntu/LXQt software center will. But it would be really a
lot of work and we don't have the manpower, I think. I think "Won't fix"
is the only solution in our position. Would only be worth the effort if
other flavours would like to adopt LSC - Ubuntu GNOME wants it, but only
as an interim solution. Xubuntu doesn't want it, so I think it will be
abandoned (more or less) soon.