mkusb icons (was Re: OBI)

Hi Israel,

Den 2015-05-16 18:03, Nio Wiklund skrev:
> Den 2015-05-16 17:50, Israel skrev:
>> On 05/16/2015 10:35 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>>> Den 2015-05-16 05:47, Israel skrev:
>> AFAIK I check for relative icons, and I check for full path icons.  If I
>> remember correctly mkusb uses a full path for the icon.

mkusb.desktop:
Icon=mkusb

> mkusb's icon works in many linux distros (including the major ones). It
> used to work in ToriOS and I think you will be able to make it work
> again. I would not be happy with changing the 'icon syntax' and having
> to test it in all those linux distros again.
>
> You could tweak it for ToriOS and use the svg file with whatever path
> you would like. Is it the desktop file, that should be tweaked?

But now, that I have seen so clearly, what I am supposed to provide as a
developer (concerning icons), I'll try to make mkusb like that. So I
install two icons,

/usr/share/icons/hicolor/scalable/apps/mkusb.svg
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/mkusb.png

This is tested now in the unstable PPA

-----
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mkusb/unstable
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mkusb

# if you want mkusb-nox
sudo apt-get install mkusb-nox

# or if you want both mkusb and mkusb-nox
sudo apt-get install mkusb mkusb-nox
-----

If you have changed so much in ToriOS (from Ubuntu), that

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mkusb/unstable

does not work, it worked with manual editing in the current ToriOS
installed system, add the following line to /etc/apt/sources.list

-----
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/mkusb/unstable/ubuntu precise main
-----

Please try it, and tell me if/what/how it works for you!