lsb_release Was(Re: [Torios] zsync time for testing)

Hi,
I did change it back!
I also edit /etc/default/grub to achieve the effect I wanted
GRUB_DISTRIBUTOR=`echo ToriOS || lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo
Debian`
This way the GRUB menu will not be confusing to new users who install
beside Windows (or whatever).  They will install ToriOS and see ToriOS.
That was the entire reason I changed this... so now both issues are solved.
echo ToriOS will not cause any issues.... the worst thing to happen is
an upgrade of GRUB removes these changes... which is not bad

On 05/20/2015 08:51 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2015-05-20 15:41, Nio Wiklund skrev:

>>> Hi again Israel,
>>>

>>> Live:
>>>
>>> Jack is right. 'starter' needs executable permission. And so does
>>> 'dltbl'. You keep forgetting about permissions ;-)
>>>
>>> When I'm at it: Please remove 'rsyncer' and 'rsync-getter' from the OBI
>>> directory.
>>>

>>> Installation:
>>>
>>> I selected the PAE system, but it was not installed until I ran
>>>
>>> sudo apt-get update
>>> and
>>> sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
>>>
>>> in the installed system. This is a regression.
>>>

>>> Installed:
>>>
>>> 1. Icons
>>>
>>> mkusb has the three coloured dots in the menu system, but the correct
>>> icon in pcmanfm. Maybe you have not implemented the improved menu
>>> generator in the installed system?
>>>
>>> All entries in the menu and in pcmanfm have icons.
>>>
>>> 2. add-apt-repository needs the standard Ubuntu lsb-release data
>>>
>>> In order to install the bleedin edge mkusb 9.1.6 I run
>>>
>>> sudo add-apt-repository ppa:mkusb/unstable
>>>
>>> but it did not work - there was an error output until I reset the content of
>>>
>>> /etc/lsb-release
>>>
>>> to the standard values for Ubuntu:
>>>
>>> DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
>>> DISTRIB_RELEASE=12.04
>>> DISTRIB_CODENAME=precise
>>> DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS"
>>>
>>> It needed at least Ubuntu (with capital U). Probably it needs precise or
>>> 12.04, but I did not check it in detail. This is a serious bug (that we
>>> have been waiting for :-P
>>>
>>> I fixed it manually and installed mkusb.
>>>
>>> 3. Trusty kernel an wifi
>>>
>>> I also installed the trusty kernel with
>>>
>>> sudo apt-get install linux-image-3.13.0.53-generic
>>>
>>> which provides drivers for my wifi automatically in my Toshiba with i5
>>>
>>> Later on I installed the full hardware enablement stack with
>>>
>>> sudo apt-get install --install-recommends linux-generic-lts-trusty
>>> xserver-xorg-lts-trusty libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-trusty
>>>
>>> Both installations worked.
>>>

>>> Best regards
>>> Nio
>>>
>> Hi again Israel,
>>
>> After I installed the full hardware enablement stack and rebooted, there
>> was at least one big problem, pcmanfm stopped working :-(
>>
>> I started from scratch again (and again installed the full hardware
>> enablement stack). It works now, also pcmanfm works now.
>>
>> Maybe I was doing something in an awkward way last time. Anyway, now I
>> changed lsb-release to the standard for Ubuntu before starting to
>> update/upgrade and installing the hardware enablement stack.
>>
>> There are proven issues and strongly suspected issues. I think we should
>> not bother to debug everything possible in order to use the modified
>> lsb-release file. Please reset it, and go back to the old dltbl
>> (remember to make it executable).
>>

>> Best regards
>> Nio
>>
> Hi again - quick correctíon:
>
> I checked, and it should be possible to keep the newest (and current)
> version of 'dltbl'.
>
> It uses
>
> release="$(grep VERSION_ID /etc/os-release|cut -d= -f2)"
>
> so 'os-release' instead of 'lsb-release' and is not affected by your
> changes.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

-Israel