Re: [Torios] new test zsync

Den 2015-06-11 01:28, Israel skrev:
> Hi Nio,
> (below)

>>> So, everything is the exact same?  Or did something change?
>> In the tarball? - Maybe something was changed, but nothing that I
>> detected. What should I look for?
>>
> The tarball was changed slightly, but nothing major.
> The main change is OBI.
> I am looking to completely squash the grub issues.
> So I was wondering if the Grub issue is the exact same, or changed.

Hi Israel,

I'm starting to think that it might be an issue with update-grub beyond
our scope to fix. Let us say that update-grub's os-prober does not
consider systems, that are installed in USB drives, as installed, so
they are simply skipped.

Anyway, it is a very special issue, maybe because of some problem with
my USB 3 system in the Toshiba, or maybe a problem with update-grub. It
is by no means a show-stopper.

- it is fixed easily afterwards, simply by running update-grub after
booting into the installed system

- it affects only very unusual systems, that are not likely to occur for
typical users of ToriOS (in old hardware).

So I suggest that you polish ToriOS in other ways, and relax about this
issue with update-grub :-)