Re: mkusb look and feel

Hi Nio,
I can understand not liking the red, if it is an app you use many times
a day.
Is this colour determined by HTML in the file?
If so, I'd suggest adding something like
mkusb -w #ffffff
Then for the user they can just change the colour if they don't like it.
You can use getopts to easily make options for bash scripts
Then just set a variable $warningcolor or whatever.
Just an idea...

Personally I think the WARNING should *not* be easy on the eyes.  It
SHOULD be jarring and make the user think about it... do I really want
to dd this specific drive? The default should be red.  It is universally
understood as stop/warning/danger.

But, to support your user base, adding a simple option for colour... or
maybe adding a config file would be great!  I like supporting everything
a user could want to do (if I can).

On 08/01/2015 07:46 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi ToriOS developers,
>
> ventrical at the Ubuntu Forums is helping me to improve the look and
> feel of mkusb. He has suggested several changes of the text in the
> zenity windows, and he also wants me to change the red warning
> background of the 'final warning' window to a colour that is nicer for
> the eyes. He suggested blue, but it is not a warning colour, so I'm
> testing an orange background of a 'final checkpoint' window.
>
> See the attached files, and also the following link, where five
> screenshots are attached (and read the discussion above and below that
> post at the Ubuntu Forums)
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1958073&page=5&p=13330888#post13330888
>
> mkusb is part of ToriOS, and it is important to get feedback from you,
> so that we do not change mkusb in a way you think is wrong. Maybe
> everybody will not agree, but it is important for me to make the look
> and feel as good as possible, and to understand why it is changed or not
> changed.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

-Israel