Re: ToriOS ISO

On 08/08/2015 06:14 AM, Ali Linx wrote:

> Is these testing on the daily build? are you pushing these
> tests/changes to the current installed system?

Yes to both.  Though, I am not sure if I can fix a broken computer with
an update or not.
I am combing through each part still to see where things broke down.

> Release ToriOS? daily you mean?
Yes, before we release ToriOS at all.  I will build some ISOs but there
will be issues with them, since I am using certain things that don't
full work in 2.3.1 but they are not show stoppers for me testing it
myself since I know the issues, and don't mind them.  I just want the
NetworkManager to work.

> About Us is a new category:
> Apps > About us (under system) >
>
> It has all the important links of ToriOS + a pop-up window with our
> names (not a web page on a browser).

No it links to the web currently.  I do not have the time to make a
program for that yet.  Feel free to do it it would be very simple to
make using zenity.  If you write one, I will test it.

> My current installation is messed up :/
> Apps > Settings > Panel Settings = does not work. When I click that,
> it does nothing.
> Apps > Settings > Theme Setting = empty list of themes and can't see
> anything on the left side list?!

Once I figure out the issue with the jwmrc this will be fixed in the
settings manager and that will work.

> Other issues ..
>
> Should I wait? should I re-install Beta? daily build? what do you
> recommend?!
>
> It seems every time I update ToriOS, it gets a bit worse :(

Just wait, things are in flux because I am implementing new things in
the settings manager in preparation for this update 2.3.2.  That is why
those apps don't work quite the way they should yet.  I have to fix the
XDG directory path issue that is going on.
I have been trying to fix certain long standing issues with
portability.  So I have removed hard-coded paths and I am not trying to
fix using dynamically found paths using environment variables, and
locating the actual directory where this installs.  I need to put some
more safety checks in to warn the user of things.

-Israel
ToriOS Team