Re: Finally (we all say in ,unison) a new ISO

Hi Nio,
(inlines)

On 08/11/2015 04:32 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Hi Israel and Jack,
>
> Finally I had time to test the current daily build of ToriOS.
>
> The general impression is good. It works :-)
>
> Minor problems:
>
> A. Live
>
> 1. The menu (in the top left corner)
Yes, this was mentioned in my initial e-mail.
> 2. The shutdown menu (I think shutdown does not work)
I will check this out.
> B. Installed
>
> 1. ztweaks in an option in the firstrun menu, but it is not installed.
ooops... :)  I was too busy with networkmanager to install everything :P
that is easy to fix.
> -o-
>
> I could even do the following:
>
> a. Installed ToriOS persistent with my experimental 'mkusb-s'. I made a
> big first parttion (FAT32).
>
> b. Booted into ToriOS (live persistent)
>
> c. Started the OBI-installer and 'stole' a chunk of drive space from the
> first partition and made an extended partition with an ext4 partition
> (obi-root) and a swap partition (obi-swap). See the partition table and
> the mounted partitions in the attached file.
>
> d. Completed the installation of ToriOS into the stolen chunk.
>
> e. Booted into ToriOS (installed). I had to append the grub.cfg from the
> live persistent system to that of the installed system. A more correct
> and persistent (!) way would be to copy it to '40_custom' and run
>
> sudo update-grub
Does this mean the grub-install doesn't work properly, or that you are
doing some really interesting things and so grub wouldn't know you
changed it?
> (It is not detected automatically.)
>
> And I have a drive with a persistent live system as well as an installed
> system in the same drive :-)
>
> aufs mounted on / is overlayed with the 'casper-rw' partition, you see
> from the output of df that they are the same.
>
> Best regards
> Nio
>
> Den 2015-08-09 14:20, Jack Trice skrev:

-Israel