Re: Finally (we all say in ,unison) a new ISO

Hi Israel and Jack,

Finally I had time to test the current daily build of ToriOS.

The general impression is good. It works :-)

Minor problems:

A. Live

1. The menu (in the top left corner)

2. The shutdown menu (I think shutdown does not work)

B. Installed

1. ztweaks in an option in the firstrun menu, but it is not installed.

-o-

I could even do the following:

a. Installed ToriOS persistent with my experimental 'mkusb-s'. I made a
big first parttion (FAT32).

b. Booted into ToriOS (live persistent)

c. Started the OBI-installer and 'stole' a chunk of drive space from the
first partition and made an extended partition with an ext4 partition
(obi-root) and a swap partition (obi-swap). See the partition table and
the mounted partitions in the attached file.

d. Completed the installation of ToriOS into the stolen chunk.

e. Booted into ToriOS (installed). I had to append the grub.cfg from the
live persistent system to that of the installed system. A more correct
and persistent (!) way would be to copy it to '40_custom' and run

sudo update-grub

(It is not detected automatically.)

And I have a drive with a persistent live system as well as an installed
system in the same drive :-)

aufs mounted on / is overlayed with the 'casper-rw' partition, you see
from the output of df that they are the same.

Den 2015-08-09 14:20, Jack Trice skrev:
> Hi Isreal,
>
> NM works as it should on installed system...shutdown/restart okay now
> too...good job.
>
> JackT.
>
> On 9 August 2015 at 12:53, Israel <israel@xxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:israel@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Hi, sorry it takes a long time to upload it, I had to sleep :)
>     You can simply zsync the daily image again.
>
>     zsync http://phillw.net/isos/torios/ToriOS-daily.iso.zsync
>
>     Thanks Jack!
>     Let me know if NetworkManager works for you!
>
>     On 08/09/2015 02:14 AM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:
>>     Hi Israel,
>>
>>     What is the name of this NEW ISO?  And is it the one that is
>>     downloaded from here now?
>>
>>     http://phillw.net/isos/torios/
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>     JackT.
>>
>>     PS: Who is in the elite club of super-duper testers?
>>

>>     > Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 22:43:21 -0500
>>     > From: israel@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:israel@xxxxxxxxxx>
>>     > To: torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>     <mailto:torios-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>     > Subject: [Torios-dev] Finally (we all say in ,unison) a new ISO
>>     >
>>     > Hi,
>>     > There will really be a NEW ISO soon.
>>     > I finally re-figured out the problem. Yes it was the exact same
>>     as the
>>     > time when NetworkManager did not work, or at least it seems so.
>>     > I have tested the ISO a few times, rebuilt, and tested again.
>>     >
>>     > So, this ISO is for super-duper testers ONLY.
>>     >
>>     > Don't complain about the live session menu. I already know.
>>     There is none.
>>     > Don't complain about the installed session menu. I already know,
>>     it is
>>     > wonky.
>>     > However, You still should test the installed session's menu,
>>     when 2.3.2
>>     > hits the bug where it says 'Include' and you have to do another step
>>     > just to get the menu is fixed. This menu works better than the
>>     current
>>     > one, though, and includes the initial social media sub menu.
>>     > Yes there are icons missing... but JWM2.3.2 does not need the .svg
>>     > extention so this *will* work fine
>>     > please reread the part about super-duper testers ONLY :P
>>     >
>>     > Please give feedback on that portion of the menu.
>>     >
>>     > Also, you will need to update it after you install it.
>>     > jwm-settings-manager now has a --debug command line option. This way
>>     > you can look at tons of garbage while you run it from a terminal. It
>>     > will also be very helpful to know WHEN it crashed. Or what went
>>     wrong.
>>     > I haven't completely implemented it fully, so be aware that 'Themes'
>>     > does not have much... though it will spit out some info (since
>>     it uses
> [...]

root@torios:~#  sudo lsblk -fm
NAME   FSTYPE   LABEL       MOUNTPOINT         NAME     SIZE OWNER GROUP MODE
loop0  squashfs                                loop0  304.5M root  disk  brw-rw-
sr0                                            sr0     1024M root  cdrom brw-rw-
sda                                            sda    119.2G root  disk  brw-rw
|-sda1 vfat                 /media/A038-F134   |-sda1    40G root  disk  brw-rw
|-sda2 iso9660  torios-live /live/image        |-sda2   644M root  disk  brw-rw
|-sda3 ext4     live-rw     /live/cow          |-sda3  23.7G root  disk  brw-rw
|-sda4                                         |-sda4     1K root  disk  brw-rw
|-sda5 ext4     ToriOS-i386 /media/ToriOS-i386 |-sda5  49.9G root  disk  brw-rw
`-sda6 swap     obiswap                        `-sda6     5G root  disk  brw-rw
root@torios:~# df -h
aufs             24G   46M   23G   1% /
udev            1.3G  4.0K  1.3G   1% /dev
tmpfs           267M  400K  267M   1% /run
/dev/sda2       636M  636M     0 100% /live/image
/dev/sda3        24G   46M   23G   1% /live/cow
tmpfs           1.4G     0  1.4G   0% /live
tmpfs           1.4G  4.0K  1.4G   1% /tmp
none            5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
none            1.4G     0  1.4G   0% /run/shm
/dev/sda5        50G  1.9G   45G   4% /media/ToriOS-i386
/dev/sda1        40G  6.2M   40G   1% /media/A038-F134
root@torios:~# sudo parted -ls
Model: SanDisk ExtremePro (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 128GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: msdos

Number  Start   End     Size    Type      File system     Flags
 1      1049kB  43.0GB  42.9GB  primary   fat32           boot
 4      43.0GB  102GB   58.9GB  extended
 5      43.0GB  96.5GB  53.6GB  logical   ext4
 6      96.5GB  102GB   5368MB  logical   linux-swap(v1)
 2      102GB   103GB   675MB   primary
 3      103GB   128GB   25.5GB  primary   ext4

root@torios:~#