Re: [Torios] G-Drive link and zsync

Hi Israel,

I tested the current ToriOS-daily.iso in my Toshiba with Intel i5 and 4
GB RAM 'as usual'.

A. Live system

- nm-applet shows and error (white x on red circle), but wired network
started automatically.

- ztweaks does not start from the menu, but it starts from a terminal
window.

- mkusb needs grub-pc in order to install 'persistent live'. It can find
it and prompt for installing, but maybe it should be included in ToriOS
live.

- mkusb wants wmctrl in order to install 'persistent live'. It can find
it and prompt for installing, but maybe it should be included in ToriOS
live.

B. Installation

- The installation with the OBI-installers seemed to work well. I
selected the PAE kernel.

C. Installed system

- Rebooting 'directly' was extremely slow (ten times slower that what is
normal in this computer). But finally it arrived at the log in screen.

- The network was not connected. This is probably causing the long time
during reboot. I did not find any easy way to connect the network, and
didn't try any advanced or difficult methods, only with the menus.

- The touchpad works only partly and in a strange way. I cannot move the
cursor (except in the very beginning), but I can scroll in terminal
windows, A tap gives the same response as a right-click. This has not
happened before.

- During the installation update-grub (or something similar) found
Ubuntu 14.04.2 (in /dev/sda5) but not a previous installed system of
ToriOS (in /dev/sda1). This is better than before, but not good. After
installation update-grub found both previous systems.

Summary

Several problems have been solved or at least improved. But it is too
bad that ToriOS is losing functions, that have been working quite well
before.

Follow ups