Re: [Torios] G-Drive link and zsync

Hi Israel,

Testing again, with today's iso file

2d76cb6637168f11c1f7d0da5bb2039a  ToriOS-daily.iso

and I will write comments inline in the report from the previous iso file.

Best regards
Ni0

Den 2015-09-12 kl. 14:05, skrev Nio Wiklund:
> Hi Israel,
>
> I tested the current ToriOS-daily.iso in my Toshiba with Intel i5 and 4
> GB RAM 'as usual'.
>
> A. Live system
>
> - nm-applet shows and error (white x on red circle), but wired network
> started automatically.

The same problem: nm-applet shows and error (white x on red circle)

> - ztweaks does not start from the menu, but it starts from a terminal
> window.

fixed: ztweaks starts from the menu

> - mkusb needs grub-pc in order to install 'persistent live'. It can find
> it and prompt for installing, but maybe it should be included in ToriOS
> live.

grub-install (the package grub-pc) is not installed

> - mkusb wants wmctrl in order to install 'persistent live'. It can find
> it and prompt for installing, but maybe it should be included in ToriOS
> live.

I think this worked in the previous version, but now I cannot install
with apt-get.

'No file name for e2fslibs', and it does not help with

apt-get -f install  # which is recommended

> B. Installation
>
> - The installation with the OBI-installers seemed to work well. I
> selected the PAE kernel.

But the pae kernel can be installed (the chroot works)

> C. Installed system

I can install programs into the installed system.

> - Rebooting 'directly' was extremely slow (ten times slower that what is
> normal in this computer). But finally it arrived at the log in screen.

Boots normally now

> - The network was not connected. This is probably causing the long time
> during reboot. I did not find any easy way to connect the network, and
> didn't try any advanced or difficult methods, only with the menus.

The network is on, and nm-applet looks OK too :-)

> - The touchpad works only partly and in a strange way. I cannot move the
> cursor (except in the very beginning), but I can scroll in terminal
> windows, A tap gives the same response as a right-click. This has not
> happened before.

The touchpad works better now :-)

> - During the installation update-grub (or something similar) found
> Ubuntu 14.04.2 (in /dev/sda5) but not a previous installed system of
> ToriOS (in /dev/sda1). This is better than before, but not good. After
> installation update-grub found both previous systems.

It seems that the other operating systems were not found when
update-grub was run via chroot during the installation. It works now, in
the installed system. This is like it was in the previous version.

> Summary
>
> Several problems have been solved or at least improved. But it is too
> bad that ToriOS is losing functions, that have been working quite well
> before.

One big improvement and some minor improvements :-)

One new problem detected: I cannot install packages into the live system
(which mkusb wants, and needs to make persistent live drives). This also
affects nano, that needs installation. Now there is segfault again.