ISO

Hey everyone,
I have tried something with the squashfs after a lot of reseach.
CHROOTDIR is the directory I have the LiveCD chroot in
LIVEdir is the directory the distro we are building for uses for the
accessable portion.  This is where we put our tarball on the CD, and the
distro boots up and adds this to its own filesystem, as though it were a
part of the normal filesystem.

sudo mksquashfs "${CHROOTDIR}" "${LIVEdir}"/live/filesystem.squashfs
-comp xz -Xbcj x86 -Xdict-size 25% -noappend -e boot

So what is different here??
-comp xz -Xbcj x86 -Xdict-size 25%
-comp changes the compression to xz, which is extremely small compared
to gzip.
-Xbcj x86 just specifies it is for x86 processor
-Xdict-size 25% makes the xz dictionary size 25%
The last time I made the ISO (with these options) it was 726MiB
compare that to 794MiB
Sure it is 26MiB larger than we want... but this new compression shaved
off over 60MiB!
That is pretty fantastic, and means I wont have to strip the ISO to
virtually nothing... it also means if I can remove the space hog
(whatever it is that is eating up MiB on the ISO) we can fit a lot more
stuff.
So, we are getting much closer to a real CD sized Debian ToriOS ISO!!