Re: SWAP sharing

Hi Nio
revision 242 is to test (when it builds)
(inlines)

On 05/05/2016 04:45 PM, Nio Wiklund wrote:

Hi Israel,

Good catch :-)

I did not notice that it involved problems with sharing swap, but now that you tell us it is easy to understand. I'm ready to help testing, when you have something to test ... And I understand, that it may take time to get something that is good enough to release. I think the main problems are with the installer. The installed system (in the tarball) is pretty stable, if I understand things correctly. I hope this is the final bug-fix. I have a memory of problems also when I installed without any swap, but you have improved many things after that, so it may be no problem.

It may be a similar thing, but now we comment out swap line in fstab (I think... but if not we should test and check this issue)
How easy would it be to move problematic chroot stuff to an automatic 'firstrun' process after installation? That would be lighter and probably also better than using ubiquity as I do to create a user environment and 'finish' the installation.

I think the problematic stuff should be solved here... I hope.
I made a rather simple/complicated fstab checker script to change the UUID in ALL partitions (other than the current one obviously)
Not sure if this will work... so do test carefully :D
*ToriOS-precise*

If we are in a hurry to publish something to a wider group of people, it will be possible to offer the previous version, that I created in November, and updated during these last days. There is a tarball for 'my' old One Button Installer and a compressed image file for mkusb of ToriOS-precise (based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS).

'ToriOS-trusty'

I ran 'do-release-upgrade' and got a Trusty version (upgraded to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS). After a couple of fixes this version works fairly well too. But it is far from ready to be officially released, because it uses too much RAM (at least when tested in two laptops of mine).

Yeah... you also should re-enable the PPAs when you do this!
We might have to do a wrapper somewhere to do this...
See this link to

'ToriOS - ultra-light distro based on Ubuntu and the window manager JWM'