Re: firmware-nonfree

On 05/08/2016 01:42 PM, Cinque Port Computers wrote:
Israel,

It would be useful for others testing if Ali shared his findings with the rest of us; or is he doing it in secret?

JackT.
Hey Jack,
He doesn't like the mailing list, so he uses Slack. You are free to join, just e-mail him and he will add you to the ToriOS group.

Honestly, I think e-mail is much better for this stuff (attaching logs, pasting code, screenshots, etc...) but to each their own :D

I am uploading a new ISO.  It is too big, but it is just one to test. 765MiB
So, I will have to do some work to get the size down again, but I think having the extra firmware for the wide range of wireless devices is a really good idea!

The only other option would be to include them ALL on the ISO, and to manually install the correct firmware (into the installed OS) by identifying it and choosing the right firmware package. There *may* be something that does this already... so this *might* be an option. But it will take a bit of research.... so for now testing with everything (and reducing the size if needed) is the current way forward in our RC efforts here.