Re: Debian ISO with dialog warnings

Hi Nio
(inlines)
On 05/16/2016 07:29 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
Den 2016-05-14 kl. 21:16, skrev Israel:
..
Hi again Israel,

I tested the current ToriOS-debian daily iso file.

At the basic OBI level I noticed two improvements in the installed system:

1. The firstrun menu has the ToriOS icon now.

YAY
2. There is automatic detection of the wifi hardware in my Toshiba :-)

3. Maybe a step backwards: It is possible to select the drive of the live system to install the bootloader. It was not like that before (I'm not sure when it was changed, maybe now, maybe some version ago). And I doubt that it is a good idea.

That is odd... I wonder where this came from...
I will look into it...
4. Maybe a step backwards (unless you intend to make a PAE iso file). I did not notice any prompt to install a PAE kernel, and I don't see anything in the log file about it, except a comment that 64-bit OS doesn't require PAE installation. Is this change made by intention (in cooperation with Ali), or has the change happened by chance, or did I not notice things carefully enough? As you know, there are problems recognizing more than 2 GB RAM with a non-pae kernel.

This is a change, but it did not do what I meant.
I have since fixed this issue.
basically I wanted to put a check in to test the Architecture of the CPU and the OS to install. If the CPU is 64bit and the OS to install is 64bit there is no need to show this... I missed some things when I did this, so I reworked it to (hopefully) work well.

At the advanced OBI level I notice the same things as at the basic level. So installing seems stable now.

this is great!
using mostly the same code (for mkp*) has made most of these modifications easier to fix, and find.

The only major tasks left (not for this release)
is to make a stable EFI bootloader installer, and combine much of the basic and advanced code so that there are fewer issues that can arise between the two.

There is still a bit of an issue with the firmware detection, but this next ISO should work well for that.
See the attached file.