Re: Live test in VB:RE: The ISO is ready to test!

Hi Jack,

I can reply how it was when I made the One Button Installer. I think but am not sure that it is still like that. Israel may add to or change the description.

1. At the basic OBI level a root partition and a swap partition are created automatically unless the tarball is set to not install swap by the string 'noswap' in the name of the tarball.

2. At the advanced OBI level it is more complicated

Swap is *not* selected automatically or by default. If you select no partition, no swap will be installed.

You can set the label 'obi-swap' of a partition, and after that it will be selected automatically. In the same way you can set the label 'obi-root' of another partition, and then it will be selected automatically. There is a description how to do this with gparted, if you select the menu item

'Partition drives and install alongside current OS'

and later on in the wizard at 'Confirm partition'

'Use gparted and show help'

Otherwise you can also select root partition and swap partition manually with the menu items

Start selecting a Root partition
and
Root partition - select or change
Swap partition - select or change