Re: update

Hi Nio,
Indeed. I don't want to implement this really cool feature unless we are guaranteed (mostly) that it will work. I also want it to work in offline mode, if the user downloaded the ISO and a tarball elsewhere and then goes home to a place without internet, or with really limited dialup/mobile internet, and make dltbl check to see if there is internet first, and then inform the user if there isn't (do simple things like checking for a wlan0... or the odd systemd version of that.
for example wlp2s0 on my computer.
Or check for eth0/odd systemd thing (like: enp3s0)
And advise the user to connect using wifi (if it exists) As well as ethernet. Perhaps have a wrapper script that checks this before running dltbl, and then launches dltbl once there is internet, or if the user doesn't want internet automatically open a file chooser that picks the first USB device.... maybe even do the hard work of looking for any *.tar.* on all USB devices and then picking something that makes sense for the user automatically.

I know that moving from windows to Linux makes it really hard to find a USB at first (where is my D: F: G:????) However, the file dialog will show the mounted drives, as pcmanfm automatically shows these (gvfs mounts them quite well) and this nice finder code can wait for a later release.